Around 8,402 job openings are still available in Cavite and Laguna provinces, Malacañang said on Wednesday.
In a Palace press briefing, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said jobseekers may apply for the vacant positions offered during the recent job fair held in Dasmariñas, Cavite and Biñan, Laguna.
“May available pa pong jobs sa Dasmariñas 4,120 at sa Biñan po ay 4,282 (There are still 4,120 jobs available in Dasmariñas and 4,282 in Biñan),” Castro said.
Castro noted that only 63 applicants in Dasmariñas and 45 in Biñan were hired on the spot in the job fairs organized by the government.
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. led the “Trabaho at Serbisyong Pangkalusugan sa Bagong Pilipinas” job and health fair in the two provinces last week.
In February, Marcos vowed to expand job fairs nationwide to create more employment opportunities, particularly for beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) and the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) program.
During the job and health fair in Laguna, Marcos expressed elation over the high number of jobseekers who were hired on the spot, saying the event in the province was the “most successful” so far.
The Department of Labor and Employment is collaborating with various partner government agencies and the private sector in holding nationwide job fairs to sustain post-pandemic employment gains and drive economic transformation.
In Metro Manila, job fairs will be held in Quezon City, Makati, Pasay, Las Piñas, Manila and Valenzuela until March 31.
The country’s employment rate reached 95.7 percent in January 2025, slightly improving from 95.5 percent in the same period last year, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority’s latest data.
In terms of actual figures, around 48.49 million Filipinos were employed in January 2025, an increase from 45.90 million in January 2024 and 48.16 million in October 2024, respectively.
|